If you are a Year 11 student already attending JCG, you can:
- Come and talk to us at our 6th Form Options Evening.
- Speak to your current subject teachers or a Head of Department about the subject and your suitability for it.
- Attend your post 16 interview, held with a senior member of staff.
- Complete your options form to confirm your final choices.
If you are a Year 11 student joining us from another school, you can:
- Speak to our staff at your school’s Post-16 Options Evening.
- Come for a taster morning at JCG.
- Attend our Sixth Form Options Evening.
- Complete our application form which can be found here.
- Attend an interview in March at JCG to discuss your choices. This will be followed by a letter offering you a place.
- Contact our College Registrar in August.
To join us as a sixth former, you will need:
- To enjoy learning
- A positive attitude towards your studies
- A minimum of five GCSE passes at grade B or above
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- To meet the stated criteria in those subjects that you wish to study at A level.
To continue each individual subject to A2 level at the end of Year 12, you will need to gain a grade D or above. You will need to gain a grade D or above in at least two subjects to continue into year 13.