Community Use Policy and Procedure
|Author :||June Fosse|
|Reviewed By :||Pierre Louw|
|Date :||September 2021|
|Shared with Staff :||September 2021|
|Shared with Governors :||September 2021|
|Next Review :||September 2023|
The following are defining principles and that should guide the implementation of the policy:
- Jersey College for Girls (JCG) as an integral part of the community. JCG is an integral part of the Jersey community and offers an effective use of taxpayers' investment in providing citizens with a place to come together, volunteer, build skills, access community programs, become physically active and build strong and healthy communities.
- Fair and Equal Access. JCG is welcoming and inclusive and will offer community organisations and citizens fair access to use of school space at appropriate rates for community purposes in non-school hours.
- School Activities are a Priority. School day activities and extra-curricular activities organised or administered by the school, students and governors shall have priority use of school space during and after regular school hours.
- CYPES Accredited organisations. CYPES and organisations on its accredited list will have free use of JCG’s basic facilities other than when the school incurs additional cost for caretaking, cleaning, security, lighting or equipment. Caretaking, cleaning, security or equipment will be charged to the user.
- Not-for-profit organisations to be charged nominal rates. JCG, where feasible, will ensure that after-hours user fees for school facilities are affordable for not-for-profit community users.
- Commercial organisations. Commercial groups who meet CYPES’s criteria for appropriate users will be charged according to the scale of published fees, which have been designed to incorporate true costs as well as maintenance and replacement costs for equipment used by the hirer.
Community groups using school space - Community groups seeking the use of JCG’s facilities are responsible for adhering to the school’s administrative procedures for the use of school space. They are also responsible for ensuring that school facilities are utilised in a responsible and respectful manner.
Procedures and forms:
- Conditions of Hire.
- Application Form for Hire.
- Conditions of Hire - Confirmation Form.
- Responsibility for Equipment During Hire.
- Emergency Evacuation.
- Hire Charges.
Conditions of Hire
Facilities at Jersey College for Girls Available for Hire to Community Users
||Cost per hour
|Normal Class Room||£20.00|
|Dance and Drama Studios||£40.00|
|College Hall – Maximum of 400 persons with Bleacher Seating. This area can be split into three separate areas if required.
|Lecture Theatre with Video Projection (170) seats
|IT Room, out of school and term time hours only
||£200.00 per day|
|Catering and Dining Room Facilities
||£200.00 per day|
|Home Economics Room 1 and Room 2
|Astro-turf Tennis Courts with changing and showering facilities
|Astro-turf Hockey Pitches with changing and showering facilities
||£50.00 per match £25.00 1/2 pitch per hour
|Caretakers - Sundays and Bank Holidays||£40.00|
Special hiring packages are available on negotiating through the College – please contact June Fosse, Site Manager, Jersey College for Girls
Tel: 01534 516250
e.mail: [email protected]
Please be aware that if you do not keep to your booking times, you will be invoiced for any additional cost.